LIFE LESSONS CLINICAL MEDICINE TAUGHT ME: Learn from everyone


GOD BLESS CLINICAL MEDICINE: LIFE LESSONS THAT CLINICAL MEDICINE TAUGHT ME
WRITTEN BY: SULEIMAN NDORO JNR (DR AUDI)

It’s close to 2 months since I graduated from JKUAT after 5 years of pursuing Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine. I always thank God for giving me an opportunity to pursue this great course. This noble profession has taught me life lessons that I don’t think I would learn them from anywhere else.

It is this profession that made Dr Audi out of Suleiman Ndoro Chidunga Jnr. It is this profession that made me establish a medical and health-care corporation by the name Medwax Corporation Africa Limited. And it is this great career that is also making you read this article.

Join me in this blog as I share to you the various lessons I have learnt throughout the 5 years that I have studied this profession. So, which lesson am I going to discuss today. Let’s get started.

LESSON 1: “Learn from everyone in the hospital

“If you really want to pass in your clinical practice, make sure you learn from everyone in the hospital setting. Learn from the consultants, medical doctors, interns, clinical officers, nurses, patients, fellow students and even the cleaners and watchmen at the gate.”

These were words of the then Chairman of the department of Clinical Medicine, Dr Lawrence Karanja during our meeting before we started our clinical rotations in the hospitals. His advice is one that I have always abided since then.

I have always trained myself to see the good side of everything and learn from it. Every person and every situation I come across is always a learning moment for me. Dr Karanja’s has helped me a lot in life. It is an advice that has helped me start a book series called SUCCESS SECRETS which is a book series of seeing the good sides of everything and learning from them.

The first book in this series that I would be releasing soon is SUCCESS SECRETS FROM KENYAN POLITICS which is a book that teaches us the good things we can learn from our very own Kenyan politics.


You should also employ Dr Karanja’s advice in life and not just in the hospital setting. Always take any situation as a learning moment for you no matter how odd the situation seems to be. Everything has a good side of it.



Comments

  1. Dr. Karanja is really a true and a positive leader. I agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true we need to learn from each other.
    I love your website theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. No Kichy, it's not out yet. I'll let you know once its out. Thanks

      Delete
  4. Dr Karanja is a true father of clinical officers. He taught me Anatomy-musculoskeletal system and orthopaedics at KMTC NAKURU 1998.MAY GOD BLESS YOU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment